Saturday, September 12, 2009

The $800 Cash Prize Goes to...

Roland Lee won the quick Draw contest at the Thanksgiving Point Plein Air Festival in 2009

Artist Roland Lee at the Thanksgiving Point Plein Air Art FestivalME! This afternoon they announced the winner of the $800.00 cash award from yesterday's "Quick Draw" Competition, and it turned out to be my painting "Flowers and Stone." I was thrilled to win the award, and the painting was purchased as well at the Thanksgiving Point Plein Air Festival.

We met lots of wonderful people during the festival and became better acquainted with some of Utah's best artists. I also had a number of artists sign up for my workshops this fall. Now we head home for a painting workshop Monday and Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. what a wonderful blog ive ever seen...
    i love sketch very much, and i follow your tutorial to level up my drawing skill.
    and it works!

    thanks to you very much.

    regards,
    andreas

    ReplyDelete