Friday, March 02, 2007

Roland Lee Painting Auctioned for College Scholarships

Roland Lee standing by painting which raised $4800.00 for college scholarships

Each year I donate an original painting to the Dixie State College Foundation's annual Fire and Ice banquet and auction. My painting "Rio Virgin in Zion" was purchased tonight by Ralph and Cheri Atkin, long-time collectors, for $4800.00. All of the money will help needy students with full and partial scholarships to Dixie State College. A number of previous collectors were on hand to join in the bidding, but eventually the Atkins won the auction.

I enjoyed chatting with another collector, Boyd Silver, after the event. He has three of my original watercolors. I appreciate so much all the collectors who have purchased my paintings over the years and really enjoy seeing them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment