Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Goodbye to James Asher

I was saddened to learn fellow watercolorist James Asher passed away last week after battling cancer. He was a huge influence on me in my beginning days of watercolor painting. I remember seeing his work in an art magazine back in 1979, and studying it for a long time. His detailed style was very unusual and gave me renewed hope for the medium. It was good to see he and his sweet wife Joe Anna Arnett last year at the Milford Zornes Retreat. I enjoyed listening while they swapped stories of the early days. Rest in peace Jim!
l to r: Spike Ress,  James Asher, Sue Cotter, Joe Anna Arnett, Roland Lee

James Asher at the Milford Zornes Retreat

Roland Lee and James Asher at the Maynard Dixon Property in Mt. Carmel Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment