Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Plein Air Watercolor - Workshop Goes Outdoors to Study the Red Rocks










It was hard to keep up with the artists in my watercolor painting workshop "Painting the Red Rocks of Southern Utah." I had a group of very competent artists join me for a couple of days as we explored the way nature presents light and shadow to create drama in the landscape. Artists from Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, and Utah converged as we combined classroom Powerpoint demonstrations with live outdoor painting in colorful Snow Canyon State Park. Dozens of wonderful paintings resulted from our efforts. My next watercolor workshop in St. George is already full, but there is a waiting list. I will be presenting a two day watercolor painting workshop in Salt Lake City for the Utah Watercolor Society on October 26-27. See my website for workshop information.
Classroom demonstrations on how to paint light and shadow 

No comments:

Post a Comment