Saturday, May 03, 2008

Robert Shepherd Painting added to my Personal Art Collection

Robert Shepherd Painting of Paradise Canyon in Southern Utah near St. George in personal art collection of Roland L. Lee

Robert Shepherd Painting of Paradise Canyon in Southern Utah near St. George in personal art collection of Roland L. Lee

Robert Shepherd was one of my most revered mentors when I began painting. He passed away many years ago but I was fortunate to inherit his easel, taboret, and many of his personal art books. After selling my first gallery painting in 1980 I purchased one of Robert Shepherd's paintings with the proceeds -- and I still had to make time payments on it. But it hangs in my home proudly.

Today I was fortunate to acquire another full sheet original watercolor painting by Robert Shepherd from one of his major collectors and personal friends. I am thrilled with my new acquisition!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:12 PM

    I have an original pencil sketch and water color painting by a Robert L. Shepherd. I am wondering if this is the artist who was your mentor. Mr. Shepherd knew my parents and gave it to them as a wedding gift in 1950.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert L. Shepherd was my great-uncle and we have several of his pieces in our home. Since his passing I've not been able to find places to purchase his work; only been able to see it at museums or in civic buildings. It's a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might be the same artist. Were they in California at the time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:47 AM

    Hi, I was wondering if you could possibly identify an abstract gouache (watercolour artwork) by an artist with the name Shepherd. The frame is dated 1989, more is not known. Of course I can email a photo of the piece if required

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:49 AM

    Hi, I was wondering if you could possibly identify an abstract gouache (watercolour artwork) believe to be made by an artist named Shepherd. The frame is dated 1989 and that is all I know. I can send a photo if desired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have several pieces by Robert Shepherd who was my father's cousin. I wonder where an appropriate repository would be after our deaths.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have several pieces by Robert Shepherd who was my father's cousin. I wonder where an appropriate repository would be after our deaths.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:53 PM

    Hi,
    I'm up in northern Utah and was recently fortunate enough to rescue a large Shepherd painting from a local thrift store. It's a beautiful southern Utah landscape. I'd love to know more about it if possible. I'm happy to forward pics .....my email is: scotter3065@yahoo.com Thanks Scott

    ReplyDelete