Thursday, April 04, 2019

Lester Lee Workshop in St. George

We're enjoying a few days with artist Lester Lee in St. George at the Arrowhead Gallery classroom. In case you are wondering, yes we are distant cousins, although we didn't know that for a long time. He is accomplished in all mediums and has a wealth of knowledge as a teacher, so its been a blast. He's trying to help us loosen up with our watercolors, and I'm eager to try it. I lusted after one of his big watercolor paintings at the recent Sears Invitational but it got away from me. I mentioned that to him, and he said, "well I have the small study I did for it with me, would you like to have it?" Oh yeh, so I'm a happy boy now.

Here's the full sheet Lester Lee watercolor painting that sold at the Sears Invitational

This is Lester Lee's 8 x 10 watercolor study which I now own.

No comments:

Post a Comment