Saturday, July 20, 2013

Back From Europe with a Full Sketchbook

Windsor Street Scene - watercolor 8 x 12
In Windsor England, we stayed in the Castle hotel just across from the Windsor Castle and by this lovely street. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the town as much as I enjoyed the castle itself.
Nellie and I enjoyed our two weeks in Europe and Great Britain but we're just getting over our "jet lag." It was a great trip and I have tons of new drawings and research material for new paintings. I will have an art show featuring the new paintings in my gallery from August 2, 2013 until August 31. We'll have a reception Thursday August 8 from 6 to 9pm and again on Friday August 9. At 7pm each night I will give a short Powerpoint presentation about the trip and how I use on-location plein air drawings and watercolor studies to prepare for finished studio paintings. Stop by if you get a chance. I'd love to see you. Over the next few weeks I will be posting some of my travel sketches and paintings on the blog, featuring England, Ireland, Scotland, Germany, and France. So stay tuned.

On-location pencil study of the Windsor Castle in England

Pencil sketch of a Windsor Castle Tower
Pencil sketch of the crooked house of Windsor.
It was across from our hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment