Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Show Opens. Adare Manor Carriage House Painting

Just a reminder, my art show from the British Isles is now open. You can stop by my gallery weekdays from 10am to 5pm. You are invited to my reception Thursday and Friday evening from 6 to 9pm. I will give a little talk both nights about how I sketch and paint on my travels.
"Adare Manor Carriage House" 5 x 8 watercolor $500 Matted and Framed

Sketchbook drawing of Adare Manor Carriage house done on location in Ireland
I generally am not planning paintings when I use my sketchbook. I am usually just cementing the scene and image in my memory banks. The interesting thing about this method is that you use all your senses, and the image is recalled with greater clarity. After sketching on location I can almost paint the scene without reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment