Monday, November 12, 2012

Painting and Sketching Outdoors in Zion National Park

For me, nothing is more fun than spending the day painting outdoors. The Thomas Moran plein air event gave me that opportunity for one solid week. I used my Anderson Easel for the most part, but also just sat down and painted without an easel when I felt like it. Either way I brought along a comfortable folding chair which helped me stay comfortable. I completed about 15 paintings during the week, although several were quite small.
Sketching outdoors on a cold Zion morning
A comfortable set-up for painting outdoors. All the comforts of home!
Another gorgeous day painting along the Virgin River. Notice my chair on the far right bank. It doesn't get any better than this. 

Painting the autumn trees on the opposite bank of the river. 

No comments:

Post a Comment