Monday, October 19, 2009

Art Collectors Share Love of Zion National Park


I always enjoy visiting with kindred spirits. Today a nice couple, Noel and Susan Williams stopped by the Mission Gallery and I could see right away that we shared a common love of Zion National Park. They were in southern Utah for a special reunion of past park employees as part of the Zion Centennial Celebration. We swapped stories about Zion, it's trails, cliffs, peace, and beauty. In the end they left with a couple of my original paintings.

Five Mintes of Fame, painting of Zion National Park by Roland Lee
This painting, "Five Minutes of Fame," was selected to tour the nation with the "Paint the Parks Top 100" show. Noel and Susan Williams purchased this painting for their home.

Last Light on the Eagle Crags painting by Roland Lee

Noel and Susan also purchased this small painting of the Eagle Crags, a prominent peak seen as you approach Zion National Park's West entrance.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:07 PM

    Dear Mr. Lee,
    I happened across your site while looking for art workshops at Zion. Although I can't take advantage of the opportunity this trip, my husband and I are already planning a return trip which we will schedule around one of your workshops. In the meantime, I want to thank you for your generosity on your website. Not many artists I have come across are so willing to share their craft as you are. So interesting and really made me excited about my visit and all the possible ways to try to capture the Park images. Again, my thanks to you for being that kind of artist and genuine human being !

    ReplyDelete