Tuesday, February 03, 2009

New Painting of Lake Powell

Watercolor painting of Lake Powell by Roland Lee
I started this painting two weeks ago, but my whole world was turned upside down when my brother Blaine Lee passed away unexpectedly. Obviously my mind was not on painting as we dealt with the trauma of his death. Painting is excellent therapy I discovered, as I got back to my studio yesterday and picked up my brushes again. My mind gently slipped back into quiet reverie as I painted the slow-rolling surface reflections of the lake with its amorphous shapes bending this way and that. As I did so I remembered the many times we had spent on Lake Powell's big waters with our family. Those memories are even more precious now than before.

See a step by step demonstration of how this was painted

Purchase information on this painting of Lake Powell

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your brother. Painting is good therapy. This painting is very good. Your water is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:58 AM

    Roland, please accept my deepest condolences. thinking of you and your family...
    blessings, Adele

    ReplyDelete